Forum Access

Please feel free to post any feedback and suggestions for making improvements to the forum here.

Forum Access

Postby rclpillinger » 23 May 2016 21:30

Hello all,

This is just a question about access to forums in general. Does anybody use a separate reader for their mobile devices, to get access to forums such as VWF and NWF that can deal with more than one such site? If so, does it have an app that can be downloaded onto my mobile or tablet?

I have used one in the past but it doesn't seem to be able to cope with more than one forum, and others I have tried don't recognise the two sites I want to read.

Richard
rclpillinger

Re: Forum Access

Postby Mark » 25 May 2016 15:47

Hi Richard

There was a forum app for Android and iOS that we experimented with a while back before upgrading from phpBB2 to phpBB3. It had the ability to quickly switch from one forum to another.

Apart from a free download to the user's phone/tablet, the only setup was the uploading of a file to the root of the forum directory. I think it would be nice to add this functionality, and if enough members are interested I will investigate further.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Re: Forum Access

Postby rclpillinger » 25 May 2016 21:21

That would be very useful Mark. I am away from my machine quite a lot and so scan the forum by mobile and tablet and find the reader very good, but sadly very limited. I use TouchBB but it cannot handle more than one forum, which I find frustrating. I have just bought a new iPad and would love to have a better alternative.

Richard

P.s. Any thought of the link we spoke about from my site to VWF and NWF? RP
rclpillinger

Return to Feedback & Suggestions