Wolseley helmet reproductions

Section for re-enactors and those interested in the re-enacting of Victoria's wars.

Wolseley helmet reproductions

Postby LeicesterTiger » 16 Mar 2014 17:38

I'm desperately seeking a decent reproduction Wolseley helmet, not just for myself but for a group.... all of the reproduction ones that i've seen have major design flaws (most of them the shape is just completely off), does anyone know of a good reproduction out there, or someone willing to make them?
LeicesterTiger

Re: Wolseley helmet reproductions

Postby QSVC » 19 Mar 2014 03:09

Having done this very exercise recently looking for a decent WW1 era Wolseley, I can sympathise.....I actually have a couple of reproductions now as once they arrived I found the crown wasn't as high as it should be, the brim either not wide enough or at a different angle...And this is after forgiving the sin passing for a liner. I ended up sourcing one from a local chap that was about as close as I was likely to get, it'll suffice until a better version comes along which I'm hopeful during the Great War 100th Anniversaries ahead, I'm hoping demand will create a better copy.

What is covering the other areas you note is correcting the pugaree, making your own and folding it into place instead of the single band most if not all of the reproduction Wolesleys come with. There are a few tutorials on how to do it.

Good luck, I'll be curious as to how you go..

Robert
QSVC

Postby Stuart_Bates » 21 Mar 2014 02:22

I got a repro Wolseley from http://www.warwicks.com.au/sales/r_pith ... helmet.htm and am very satisfied with it. I use it to display a Machine Gun slider badge.

Stuart
Repro Wolseley Front.jpg
Repro Wolseley Front.jpg (84.78 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Stuart_Bates
Veteran Member

Postby Stuart_Bates » 21 Mar 2014 02:22

Repro Wolseley Side.JPG
Repro Wolseley Side.JPG (67.86 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Stuart_Bates
Veteran Member

Postby Stuart_Bates » 21 Mar 2014 02:23

Repro Wolseley Interior.jpg
Repro Wolseley Interior.jpg (124.28 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Stuart_Bates
Veteran Member

Postby Stuart_Bates » 21 Mar 2014 02:30

A note of warning however. The drawstring is to the scarlet material liner and not the leather headband. This may require some "packing" or a sports headband if the helmet is to be worn and is initially too large.

Stuart
Stuart_Bates
Veteran Member

Return to Re-enacting