New Recruit

Section for new members to introduce themselves and get tips and advice on how to get the best out of the forum.

New Recruit

Postby Warspite » 02 Aug 2016 15:32

Hi Everyone

Many thanks for the add. I'm Ed from the wild norths of West Yorkshire in Great Briatin. I am predominantly a twentieth century collector, but I keep finding earlier bits and pieces so thought it was about time I joined the forum.
For those of you with wide tastes, I write the Tales of the Supply Depot blog (https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/) which mostly focuses on twentieth century British and Empire militaria, although there are earlier objects as well including my pride and joy: a Gahendra rifle I spent many hours de-gunking.

I'm not sure what I can add to the forum, but I hope people wont mind the odd question when I find something intriguing I am not sure of...

Ed
Warspite

Re: New Recruit

Postby Mark A. Reid » 02 Aug 2016 23:44

Hello Ed;

Welcome to the Forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I just had a look at your " Tales of the Supply Depot " and was astounded at the scope and depth of your knowledge. Your grasp of the minutae of 20th century military kit is simply staggering and I have no doubt that you will fit right in to " our " time period. You will probably enjoy seeing how different items have developed over the years and will appreciate it even more with your knowledge of the later version.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark A. Reid
Veteran Member

Postby Mark » 04 Aug 2016 12:56

Warm welcome to the forum, Ed!

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby privatejones » 10 Aug 2016 02:53

Welcome
Billy Fish: He wants to know if you are gods.
Peachy Carnehan: Not gods - Englishmen. The next best thing.
privatejones

Return to New Members