Standing orders

For general discussions on the British Army of the Victorian era or specific regiments.

Standing orders

Postby susancammas » 09 Feb 2016 22:10

Good evening

I have managed to download the Standing Orders of the Royal Regiment of Artillery 1876.

Does anyone know whether these Standing Orders were updated after that? I have two Great Grandfathers and a Grandfather serving in the RHA between 1867 and the end of WW1!

If so, do you have any suggestions on sources - preferably free download!

Many thanks

Susan
susancammas
Participating Member

Re: Standing orders

Postby Frogsmile » 02 Aug 2016 11:26

susancammas wrote:Good evening

I have managed to download the Standing Orders of the Royal Regiment of Artillery 1876.

Does anyone know whether these Standing Orders were updated after that? I have two Great Grandfathers and a Grandfather serving in the RHA between 1867 and the end of WW1!

If so, do you have any suggestions on sources - preferably free download!

Many thanks

Susan

Standing Orders are/were periodically updated Susan, although I cannot help you with a source other than the 'Royal Artillery Institution', based at Woolwich. Given your interest in the RA it might be worth your while joining the institution as an associate. They have regular talks and visits to places of interest and you would be smack bang in the middle of a direct source for much of the detail you seek.
Frogsmile
Forum Fellow

Return to The Army