MISSING IN POST / TRANSPORT

For anything else of relevance not covered by the topics above.

MISSING IN POST / TRANSPORT

Postby Darrell » 18 Nov 2015 20:36

Hello all,

I shipped an Abysinnian Medal to the UK in October. It apparently went mising after delivery to the local Post Office. Royal Mail is now playing dumb and saying they don't know where it went and do not have it.

Whether misplaced, lost, stolen or the little men from Mars beamed it up to their spaceship will likely never be known ... however ... this is the medal in Question (below). If you happen to see it online or elsewhere, please let me know.

Named as:

1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.

If this thread should go elsewhere Moderators please feel free to move it.
Attachments
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Reverse Closeup.JPG
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Reverse Closeup.JPG (71.38 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Reverse.JPG
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Reverse.JPG (35.26 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Obverse.JPG
Abyssinian War Medal - (Embossed to 1314 J. WORRALL 1st BATTN 4th THE K.O.R.REGT.) - Obverse.JPG (36.79 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Darrell
Participating Member

Re: MISSING IN POST / TRANSPORT

Postby Mark » 19 Nov 2015 14:11

Thanks for the heads-up, Darrell!

If anyone sees this medal on the market please contact Darrell direct.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Darrell » 19 Nov 2015 15:07

Appreciated!
Darrell
Participating Member

Postby Darrell » 20 Nov 2015 14:17

Just been told by the receiver, that Royal Mail contacted him and it's being Returned to Sender (me). I guess that's good news (or at least better than the worst outcome). Why this is happening is beyond me as the Customs fees were paid and the parcel was supposed to have been delivered.

Hopefully it gets back to me better than it tried to get to him
Darrell
Participating Member

Postby Mark » 23 Nov 2015 11:11

Good to hear the medal is safe and on its way back.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Darrell » 20 Jan 2016 19:50

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since my last post on this topic.

Unfortunately things did not work out as expected nor have I good news to report. I thought that there was a glimmer of hope in that the missing medal was on it's way back to me via Royal Mail. This was what the Buyer led me to believe.

However after that it appears I have been taken for a fool and lied to. I have no definitive proof that the Buyer actually received the medal and pulled a fast one, but I caught him lying about a couple of other statements he made and thus have little faith that he's been honest in anything else he has said along the way.

To top it off the Buyer (I use that term loosely) put in a Claim to e-bay and got all his money back, when we had previously agreed to work this out between ourselves. Then he has disappeared like a thief into the night never to return emails or PMs again.

The thing that stings the most is he is a member of this forum (also a few other forums most of you also belong to). He doesn't post a lot but has been active in the last couple of months. I would like nothing better to "Name and Shame" the S.O.B. but that will but do nothing but get me in trouble or worse. I will leave it at that. If you are interested in who this clown is drop me a line.

All I ask is everyone keep an eye open for this Abyssinian Medal to Worrell. I would imagine it will soon appear for sale either on e-bay, Dealers or Auction House website. If any of you folks are Dealers, be prepared to question the person trying to sell this medal as to where the seller obtained it from. It wasn't from me as it was lost in the mail (I assume - I am thinking otherwise).

It has been reported as Stolen in both Canada and the UK. I have tried to alert as many Dealers and Auction Houses I know of or have dealt with as to this situation.

I have been in this hobby for decades and have never felt so humiliated or P!ssed off as I have over this whole farce.

Thanks for your time.
Darrell
Participating Member

Return to Other Victorian Wars Chat