Military Secretary

For anything else of relevance not covered by the topics above.

Military Secretary

Postby fv1620 » 19 Sep 2015 09:30

I was reading the letter below dated 2/9/41 about the change in responsibility of the Military Secretary 1901-04.

Below are the two references mentioned in the letter.

But this extract from Queens Regs 1859 shows that the Military Secretary was already responsible to the Commander in Chief.

So did the responsibility change between 1859 and 1901 or did the post-Crimea re-organisation debate of seventeen Royal Commissions, eighteen Parliamentary Select Committees and nineteen War Office Committees actually forget who controlled the Military Secretary?
Clive Elliott

Wanted British Army publications of any period eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.
fv1620

Re: Military Secretary

Postby Frogsmile » 22 Sep 2015 18:51

I think that the simplest way to check will be to compare the relevant paragraph (the last that you posted) in Queens Regulations for the Army within each iteration between the dates concerned. I suspect that between your collection and perhaps other forum members all or most editions will be covered.
Frogsmile
Forum Fellow

Re: Military Secretary

Postby fv1620 » 22 Sep 2015 19:19

Funnily enough a KR 1912 arrived today. So now looking for QR/KR pre 1912.

Clive Elliott

Wanted British Army publications of any period eg AC, ACI, AESP, AO, COSA, CR, DCI, EMEC, EMEI, EMER, EMPL, EMPS, ER, JSP, LoC, LTI, MAOS, MRA, RAOS, REA, VAOS, WMTI, etc, Army & WO Coded publications in paper or fiche.
fv1620

Return to Other Victorian Wars Chat