Victorian Military Movies

For anything else of relevance not covered by the topics above.

Re: Victorian Military Movies

Postby jf42 » 01 Aug 2015 16:22

Do ask Sir George Brown to stop all that view-hullooing'. Marvellous. [/quote]

And "There go the French again with their infernal too-tooing!" Or words to that effect.

It was COTLB 1968 that forced me to revise my opinion of Sir John Gielgud. In fact, one may as well quote his whole performance.

mike snook wrote:'I also like what I think is meant to be Colin Campbell: 'Let nae man gae taking the wounded to the rear, or let his name be stuck up in his parish keeeerk!' Or words to that effect.

Yes. Wonderously awful. Michael Miller credited as 'Sir John Campbell' {?} joins the honourable roll of execrable Scottish accents in historical films. Rupert Davies as Colin Halkett in Bondarchuk's 'Waterloo' comes to mind.
jf42
Senior Veteran member

Postby petergoose » 07 Aug 2015 02:20

About five years ago I went on a few dates with a friend of my older sisters(I'm 36 now,she's two years older)after a few dates we stayed in to watch a movie. I put on the 1969 charge of the light brigade and I paused it every time a mistake came up to explain what really took place. I even got two biography's of lord cardigan out to prove to her that Nolan had nothing to do with the black bottle incident.

I told her I would do the same with Zulu on our next date. She dumped me :cry:

I'm 100% serious by the way.
petergoose

Postby jf42 » 07 Aug 2015 08:50

With the Vanessa Redgrave-David Hemmings romance and the Cardigan-Mrs Duberly 'seduction'- "Keep it on, I like a filly with a saddle on!"- how could you have gone wrong?
jf42
Senior Veteran member

Previous

Return to Other Victorian Wars Chat