SELWYN NEW. RAKSO : re post 2012

For anything else of relevance not covered by the topics above.

SELWYN NEW. RAKSO : re post 2012

Postby garrykennedy » 10 Feb 2015 17:31

Re: Major Selwyn BEW, b1829 Madras Staff Corps
Postby garrykennedy » 10 Feb 2015 17:25

RAKSO : JOINED VWF 2nd January 2012.
In response to a to a conversation started on the 2nd JANUARY 2012 with regard to the Webley originally owned by LIEUTENANT COLONEL SELWYN NEW (+ news of the sale of his Mutiny medal) I do have a photograph of Selwyn New (as LtCol.) and indeed photographs of his immediate family.
I was interested in the whereabouts of each of the above - and had been looking for the medal for a number of years....and will look further into this.
I had no idea that the Webley existed - but remain unsurprised by what turns up on the internet.
Also interested in the existence of his card - must be the only known example.
I do retain letters to and from Selwyn New written over a number of years - it might be nice to reunite original family items ... at least in thought.
As far as the Webley goes I would be interested in first refusal should this ever come on the market in the future ... but this only a suggestion !
Selwyn New was my great great uncle - probate to Francis Charles New - my great grandfather.
I would be fascinated if there were a response to this post - quite willing to provide a photo if required.

Interesting.

Stephen New
garrykennedy

garrykennedy

Return to Other Victorian Wars Chat