Interesting Boer War Cameronians Officer's Patrol Frock

For all discussions relating to military uniforms, insignia, equipment and medals of the Victorian period.

Re: Interesting Boer War Cameronians Officer's Patrol Frock

Postby Frogsmile » 21 Jan 2017 20:32

:!:
Jocktamson wrote:
VictorianEra wrote:Indeed, I do not think that this is our man, however, I appreciate your insight on this topic. Though, where did you come across this name, Jocktamson?

I collect Scotttish Rifles and 26th mainly, so have a few reference books and histories.
If you are interested Jock, the SR officers frock whose photo I posted, is for sale in the retro clothing shop in Totnes, Devon.
Frogsmile
Forum Fellow

Postby Jocktamson » 22 Jan 2017 18:46

Frogsmile wrote::!:
Jocktamson wrote:
VictorianEra wrote:Indeed, I do not think that this is our man, however, I appreciate your insight on this topic. Though, where did you come across this name, Jocktamson?

I collect Scotttish Rifles and 26th mainly, so have a few reference books and histories.
If you are interested Jock, the SR officers frock whose photo I posted, is for sale in the retro clothing shop in Totnes, Devon.

Thanks for the heads up on that Frogsmile... don't have one, but i am easing off with the uniforms, they take up to much room!
Jocktamson

Postby VictorianEra » 22 Jan 2017 19:27

Unfortunately if I had wanted to get another one of these, I'd have to take a long flight to the U.K. from Canada :o But do you happen to know what it is priced at, Frogsmile, I'm just curious to see if it was roughly for what I got mine. That one you showed is in better condition than mine, because that one has shoulder straps are absent on mine and are on that one. Just out of curiosity. Certainly another nice example, that's for sure.
VictorianEra
Participating Member

Postby Frogsmile » 22 Jan 2017 19:41

Yes I can imagine. It seems a pity that the interesting Cameronians website, with its collection of photos of uniform items, does not seem to have one of the frock.
Frogsmile
Forum Fellow

Postby VictorianEra » 22 Jan 2017 19:50

They should try to obtain an example for photograph, if they do have an example I don't see as to why they wouldn't photograph and post it on their website. At least we have a few good examples of pictures, and I have my own example to illustrate what they look like.
VictorianEra
Participating Member

Postby gordon92 » 22 Jan 2017 20:14

VictorianEra.........You will find online Army Lists here: https://archive.org/details/nlsarmylists. Look for Hart's Annual Army Lists around your years of interest.
gordon92
Participating Member

Postby VictorianEra » 22 Jan 2017 20:19

Many thanks, Gordon. I will look around.
VictorianEra
Participating Member

Postby Frogsmile » 22 Jan 2017 21:25

VictorianEra wrote:Unfortunately if I had wanted to get another one of these, I'd have to take a long flight to the U.K. from Canada :o But do you happen to know what it is priced at, Frogsmile, I'm just curious to see if it was roughly for what I got mine. That one you showed is in better condition than mine, because that one has shoulder straps are absent on mine and are on that one. Just out of curiosity. Certainly another nice example, that's for sure.

No, I don't know the price, it's just a retro clothes store with no idea that it's a regimental rather than theatrical uniform. It does have some moth damage.
Frogsmile
Forum Fellow

Previous

Return to Uniforms, Insignia, Equipment & Medals