Photograph of Osman Digna

For all discussions relating to the Egyptian and Sudanese campaigns fought between 1882 and 1898.

Photograph of Osman Digna

Postby Mark » 21 Dec 2015 21:52

Does any member have a copyright free photographic image of Osman Digna? I am looking for a suitable high-resolution image fit for publication in a book, but it must be copyright free. If so, please do PM me for details or post below.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Re: Photograph of Osman Digna

Postby Mark A. Reid » 21 Dec 2015 23:53

Hi Mark:

The Sudan Archive at the University of Durham has a huge photographic collection and, in my experience, they say that anything in their possession that is over a century old is copyright-free. It might be worth contacting rhem. When I had a wee book published in 2014 all the Durham images were free, unlike those from the National Army Museum, etc.

Good luck.

Mark
Mark A. Reid
Veteran Member

Re: Photograph of Osman Digna

Postby Mark » 28 Dec 2015 13:45

Mark A. Reid wrote:Hi Mark:

The Sudan Archive at the University of Durham has a huge photographic collection and, in my experience, they say that anything in their possession that is over a century old is copyright-free. It might be worth contacting rhem. When I had a wee book published in 2014 all the Durham images were free, unlike those from the National Army Museum, etc.

Good luck.

Mark

Thanks Mark, much appreciated. I have sent the university an email to enquire.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Return to Egypt & Sudan 1882-98