RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

For all discussions relating to the First and Second Afghan Wars of 1839-42 and 1878-80.

Re: RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

Postby Mark » 17 May 2013 20:06

Thanks for the review, The Scorer! I have this book on my list of titles to buy and your thoughts are encouraging!

Mark :)
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
User avatar
Mark
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 3958
Images: 57
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 16:05
Location: United Kingdom

Re: RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

Postby The Scorer » 20 May 2013 09:31

Mark wrote:Thanks for the review, The Scorer! I have this book on my list of titles to buy and your thoughts are encouraging!
Mark :)


Oh, if you buy books, it's definitely one for you. I normally borrow books from the local libraries, and I'm glad that i did so in this case.

:)
The Scorer
New Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: 23 Jun 2010 15:08

Re: RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

Postby Maureene » 20 May 2013 12:58

Forum members may be interested in this interesting interview with William Dalrymple where he discusses his book (21:53 minutes)
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/201 ... 763221.htm

Cheers
Maureen
Maureene
Forum Fellow
 
Posts: 752
Joined: 02 Aug 2011 07:33

Re: RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

Postby Mark » 20 May 2013 20:07

The Scorer wrote:
Mark wrote:Thanks for the review, The Scorer! I have this book on my list of titles to buy and your thoughts are encouraging!
Mark :)


Oh, if you buy books, it's definitely one for you. I normally borrow books from the local libraries, and I'm glad that i did so in this case.

:)


Sadly my local library is left wanting when it comes to military history books. That said I enjoy having my own personal library - albeit the cost soon mounts up! And I won't mention Kindles or e-readers - still like a paper book in my hand :)

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
User avatar
Mark
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 3958
Images: 57
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 16:05
Location: United Kingdom

Re: RETURN OF A KING | William Dalrymple

Postby Mark » 20 May 2013 20:09

Maureene wrote:Forum members may be interested in this interesting interview with William Dalrymple where he discusses his book (21:53 minutes)
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/201 ... 763221.htm

Cheers
Maureen


Thanks for the interesting link, Maureen!

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
User avatar
Mark
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 3958
Images: 57
Joined: 10 Aug 2007 16:05
Location: United Kingdom

Previous

Return to First & Second Afghan Wars 1839-80

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron