Eastport, Maine - Fenian Raid Commemoration

For all discussions relating to military activities in Canada, 1837-1901.

Eastport, Maine - Fenian Raid Commemoration

Postby Waggoner » 20 Apr 2016 20:32

There will be a commemoration held on 11 June 2016 in Eastport, Maine to mark the 150th anniversary of the Fenian Raids into New Brunswick. I will post the programme once it is published.

All the best,

Gary
Gary Campbell
Nil Sine Labore
OMRS 4556, MCCofC 782
Waggoner
Veteran Member

Re: Eastport, Maine - Fenian Raid Commemoration

Postby Spañiard » 21 Apr 2016 01:51

Waggoner wrote:There will be a commemoration held on 11 June 2016 in Eastport, Maine to mark the 150th anniversary of the Fenian Raids into New Brunswick. I will post the programme once it is published.

All the best,

Gary

I was posting on Milnet/Army.ca with Old Sweat, thread I inserted on the Fenian Brotherhood Raids, category, History and will post all those original Accounts etc. http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,122773.0.html

Old Sweat: Thanks for posting that. In case you are not aware, the 150th Anniversary of the two fights collectively known as the Battle of Ridgeway will be commemorated by a symposium/conference on 1-3 June in Fort Erie. (I am one of the speakers.)

C.U.

Joseph
History is not like playing horseshoes where close enough counts; those that have done the proper leg work have a responsibility to insure a detailed accurate account. Canada at War Blog
http://wp.me/55eja
Spañiard
Participating Member

Re: Eastport, Maine - Fenian Raid Commemoration

Postby Waggoner » 06 Jun 2016 15:41

Here are the details of the 11June event:

Anyone interested in learning about the 1866 Fenian Raids in the Passamaquoddy area is invited to a lecture by Canadian military historian Bob Dallison and Eastport historian Wayne Wilcox.
Free
2-4pm (EDT), June 11
Christ Church Institute
Key Street, Eastport, Maine
Sponsored by Border Historical Society

All the best,

Gary
Gary Campbell
Nil Sine Labore
OMRS 4556, MCCofC 782
Waggoner
Veteran Member